Thursday, July 24, 2008

Feliz cumpleanos a mi

Tomorrow's my birthday. Today seemed like the time to ask a few important questions.

1. Why does it feel like summer's over even though there's still a month left?
2. Now that Molly's in daycare, why is it still impossible for me to clean the bathrooms?
3. How do I keep a toddler from sticking her hands in the toilet bowl?
4. How do I get a 10-year-old boy to take showers on a regular basis?
5. How can ordering Bat Mitzvah invitations take up so much energy?
6. How did I end up with a 13 year old daughter, anyway?

Adriana, my girlfriend from Brazil, emailed me yesterday. I still feel like I'm 16 and rockin' the caipirinhas with her at a samba club in Sao Paulo. How did I ever get to be 41?

1 comment:

Kelsgarden said...

#2 - isn't that what the children's chorelist is for?
#3 - see, she just needs a brush and good cleaner . . .
#4 - "and I will start dinner as soon as you shower" . . . "no, I am waiting for your sister to shower so I can start dinner, no snacks" (sibling pressure)
#6 - watching the neighbors teachng teens to drive realizing that it will be my turn in December (although when asked I say "that's why we moved downtown, you are getting a bus pass")